12Vdc motor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Molepo

I will like to design a dc motor controller, which will perform both forward and reverse direction by using PWM and it must have closed loop control.

what is it that you are trying to control?
Look up H-bridge circuits for the PWM stuff.

Are you trying to control speed or position? Is this a school project? If it is please submit an idea so we can comment on it.

Yes it is a school project, I have started by designing four quadrant chopper, I have chosen to operate in the first and third quadrant to achieve forward and reverse and it is working, now i need to control the output via (PWM) to vary the speed, is this possible if i can use thyristors instead of diodes, and fire them with sawtooth generator?

hi
i am trying to find a motor controller that uses six speed controlling for similar to notch-point ie: like a rotary switch with six positions, for a motor that pulls up about 20 amps.
any ideas

ta, bunghole

Is the motor an AC, universal, or DC motor? An AC motor runs synchronously with the AC frequency or it does not run at all. Controling its speed is difficult.

Russlk said:
Is the motor an AC, universal, or DC motor? An AC motor runs synchronously with the AC frequency or it does not run at all. Controling its speed is difficult.

Well... depends on the type of AC-machine
a Syncronous machine only develops torque at sync-speed
an Induction machine only develops torque at any speed BUT sync speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…