Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16f628a help

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojan89

I am currently doing a project using the pic 16f628a microcontroller. I have tested the prorgram using the oshon pic simulator ride. I want to interface the micro controller to a 12v relay. But am not able to activate the relay. Could someone please suggest a relay interface circuit?
And can i use a 40 pin pic evaluation board to program a 18pin pic?
And any further help would be greatly appreciated

A relay circuit requires a transistor (or two transistors in Darlington Pair configuration) as a driver. Look at this circuit Experiments with PIC16F628A: Experiment No. 9: DC Motor Speed Control using PWM to drive a motor; you can replace the motor with a relay. Here, is what you can try. Replace the DC motor with a 12 V relay, and change the power supply to 12V. And then, when you give 5V to the input pin, the relay should turn ON. If that works then you should be able to control the relay with PIC16F628A too.

I don't know what 40-pin evaluation board are you talking about, but if that board would be able to program a PIC16F628A, it must be mentioned on it's user's guide.

- Raj

A relay circuit requires a transistor (or two transistors in Darlington Pair configuration) as a driver. Look at this circuit Experiments with PIC16F628A: Experiment No. 9: DC Motor Speed Control using PWM to drive a motor; you can replace the motor with a relay. Here, is what you can try. Replace the DC motor with a 12 V relay, and change the power supply to 12V. And then, when you give 5V to the input pin, the relay should turn ON. If that works then you should be able to control the relay with PIC16F628A too.

I don't know what 40-pin evaluation board are you talking about, but if that board would be able to program a PIC16F628A, it must be mentioned on it's user's guide.

- Raj

The evaluation board looks similar to the pic below
**broken link removed**
The prob is i have a 18 pin pic and the adaptor is for a 40 pin one. So i want to just connect pin to pin according to the data sheets.Will i be able to do that?
And to program a pic is it enough if i connect pins 13 12 10 and 5?
Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back