2556M 14PIN DIP Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinarfi

I have had these for a while and assumed they are dual 555 timers, but when looking for the data sheet, I couldn't find anything. Anyone know for sure if these are 555s or something else,
Thanks,
Kinarfi

Attachments

• 2556M.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 148
And I was looking under XP2556M. Opps

Thay are PN. XR2556M

Last edited:
Yeh I know I was at first too.

Those bad chinese 'find your datasheet' websites are useful for something

I found a dual 555 timer data sheet earlier and now I really appreciate what you've done for me, The pin out is completely different from what I found. You probably saved me a lot of head ache and frustration and probably some components also. I tried going back and getting the data sheet that I got earlier and I find I'm locked out of http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/ Has anyone else found them selves unable to use this site? Is there a limit on it? This has happened before also.
Thanks again
Kinarfi Sure glad they have auto save on here.

Hi kinarfi,

I don't know the source of your datasheet.

The datasheet I derived the pin layout from was from EXAR.

Here are the pinouts of Intersil (ICM7556) and Philips (NE/SA556).

They don't differ from that of EXAR (XR2556)

Statements like "that looks more like standard" won't help much if they aren't proved.

On the other hand I don't understand what you are argueing about. Your chip is an XR2556! Why not stick to that layout?

The same way you could argue comparing a Mercedes to a Lada. The Mercedes has the windshield wipers outside the car while the Lada has them inside.

Boncuk

Attachments

• ICM7556.gif
    31.3 KB · Views: 138
  • SA556.gif
    30.7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Boncuk, no one is arguing with you, looks like you are arguing with yourself, I said thanks for finding the XR2556 data sheet and that it was different from what I had found earlier, then lost,(I couldn't get back onto www.datasheetcatalog.com), then found again and posted it as a statement, not too argue with you and you are the one who INCORRECTLY stated "It doesn't differ from other manufacturers" when actually, it is the only one I could find with that pin out, I found 4 that had the Philips pin out, so, 4pyro's comment,"Yes the Phillips pin out seems to be the more standard one". should have been, "Yes the Phillips pin out IS the more standard one!". Of course, I will be using the XR2556 data sheet, because that is what I have, but don't you find it interesting that there are other lay outs by other manufacturers? I did. Have a good day and try to keep your chaos to your self, after all, I'm keeping my gremlins to my self.
Kinarfi

Quick, some moderator should close this thread!!!!

Last edited:

I'm not at all argueing with myself. You posted an image with the EXAR dual timer, and the first post of mine was the pinout of just that one.

Posting a Philips layout later isn't quite what you needed having the above mentioned pin in your disposal. Using an EXAR chip and argueing with a Philips chip is definetly the wrong way to argue.
Funny enough, the Philips datasheet I posted here doesn't differ in pin layout from all the others.

Thanks for making me realize I have a vision problem. I couldn't find any "thanks" for posting the EXAR datasheet. I'll consult my doctor as soon as possible.

Be sure, I spread chaos whereever I can, independent of believe!

Believe in the field of electronics might lead to magic smoke!

Last not least believe is a matter of religion, and technical problems aren't solved with believe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…