Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

27Mhz Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joel Rainville said:
patroclus said:
To clock a CPU in an old videogame system (NES). It is clocked with a 24Mhz clock, I think, but I want to make it run a bit faster. Just experimentations :)

Hey, that's interesting. Let us know the results!

I'm guessing vsync problems and weird music, but it all depends on how the clock signal is used in various parts of the system.

More likely a logic timing delay will lock the unit up.. but what the hey, give it a go.. if it doesnt work, restore original condition & move on.

The gaming market even in those days was very competetive. NES with SEGA at the time. If the design could run faster, they would have made it run faster for that performance edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back