Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3-phase questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The medium used is completly different that's why the torque/RPM bands are so different. Driving an air screw is so completly a different world than driving tires on ground that there's actually a decent amount of good natured (and sometimes not so good natured) teasing on each end. They're really different worlds of application to a motor.

From what I understand, airplanes present a more consistent but higher average load on the motor.

A car/truck has a more inconsistent current draw; higher current peaks (well over 100A is not uncommon), but lower overall average current draw.

I tried playing a few R/C aircraft computer simulation games and am glad I'm not into flight because I'd be poor trying to rebuild from every crash! :)

Took me a week to succesfully fly a helicopter in a stable hover in real flight. Two more and a month of practice to actually be able to change direction =>

Oooh, helicopters are evil! I tried flying on in the sim game and it wasn't pretty. I think I'll stick to 2-dimensional movement, and leave the 3-dimensional movement to others. :)

Also, helicopters seem to require even more current than planes with higher peaks than cars/trucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back