3-phase questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The medium used is completly different that's why the torque/RPM bands are so different. Driving an air screw is so completly a different world than driving tires on ground that there's actually a decent amount of good natured (and sometimes not so good natured) teasing on each end. They're really different worlds of application to a motor.

From what I understand, airplanes present a more consistent but higher average load on the motor.

A car/truck has a more inconsistent current draw; higher current peaks (well over 100A is not uncommon), but lower overall average current draw.

I tried playing a few R/C aircraft computer simulation games and am glad I'm not into flight because I'd be poor trying to rebuild from every crash!

Took me a week to succesfully fly a helicopter in a stable hover in real flight. Two more and a month of practice to actually be able to change direction =>

Oooh, helicopters are evil! I tried flying on in the sim game and it wasn't pretty. I think I'll stick to 2-dimensional movement, and leave the 3-dimensional movement to others.

Also, helicopters seem to require even more current than planes with higher peaks than cars/trucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…