Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

36v 500w Ebike Hub using as Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the ebike goes downhill at a breakneck speed then it charges the battery with a high current. Then returning, the ebike goes uphill slowly using low current. Then the range is longer than without the generator.
I agree. I was thinking the bike hub unit was both motor and generator.
Why can't the motor on the ebike be the charging generator when the ebike is doing downhill?
That was my assumption.

I dont get most of your comments .. it is very simple ... there is no hills in my way .. it is flat road ... i m using 2 ebike hub .... one is driving and one is spinning as a generator .... the generator hub have low resistence ..... i ride it in as single hub as generator and then with both hubs ... it could ride smoothly as one while have some resistence with both ...will use for better spin a 1:2 ratio in radius of bike tires ....

Now before as a single hub driving, i just noticed that speed was high and range was normal as it is working with both hubs. When i add second hub as generater but not connected to batteries due to low voltage, the speed get affected become a little bit low but range was same .. then i add dc dc converter from generator hub to batteries ... and speed was same as low but range get extended ..

I cant use any other one alternative due to its resistence but did research before for purchasing hub and using as generator ... it is most suitable then others ..

Now it is my next target to make 1:2 ratio of rim radius to spin generator more speed and add some amp to batteries ...

My target is extend range, nor speed which is going well till now ..
I analysis every step and go forward ... i know it is going against some of comments but i m trying my best as practical to do it ...
For further source of amps, i will add solar panels into my trike when i will finish with bike ...
I need more and more range rather then speed in my projects ....

You are trading speed for range. Unless the energy for charging the battery is coming from pedal-power (i.e from you) it would be more efficient to use just the one hub motor for both propulsion and regenerative-braking.

I've fancied building a trike, do you have any pics?
Not yet ... bcoz still working on bike till now .. but soon will start ..
I want to anylasing the concept of using generating hub ... when i get some result which can apply further then i will switch to trike ...

Last edited:
You are trading speed for range. Unless the energy for charging the battery is coming from pedal-power (i.e from you) it would be more efficient to use just the one hub motor for both propulsion and regenerative-braking.

Yes i have this option, your idea is great and if i didnt get any result from generating hub then absolutly i will do same as you mention. I m just trying to have some practise over on my idea ...

For reasons I wont mention here I cannot discuss anywhere else other than on this forum, and I would edit and remove your number for your own security.
To be honest this is a bit close to free energy or overunity for me, not my kinda thing, high efficiency is certainly achievable, not sure about anything else.
Keep up with the project and I and no doubt others would like to see your progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back