Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 or 6 Channel Soundto light (80w Par 38)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Ive searched around and only find led based or manual switch lights.

Im after either a 4 or 6 channel sound to light to use one my music gear at home for the parties.

If someone can assist i would appreciate it..

BTW im in australia on 240v.

Thanks in advance.

I do not recall any 2 ch. colour organs. The reason for 3 channels is that there are only 3 primary colours. Mixing these will give you the full visual spectrum (excepting grays, but then gray is not a colour).
Also: if you have difficulty with the 120/240 volt thing: do not go there, it can be leathal!

A color Organ shows bass, mid-frequencies and high frequencies in 3 channels. You want an audio spectrum analyser but most have 7 to 23 bands.

ok, i think i may have confused you, i want something that changes with the beat. i have 4 lights par38 80w. green, blue, red, orange. i want it to change to each individual color each time deep beat is sounded. like a beat of a song. i dont want it to show frequency for each light color but change each beat.
thanks so far.

Then you want a simple sequencer made from a CD4017 IC. An opamp can be a preamp with a lowpass filter so that the bass is passed and the other frequencies are reduced.
Since you are using ordinary filament light bulbs that turn on slowly then you should use a peak-detector circuit to extend the time of each beat so there is enough time for the light bulb to turn on completely.
An opto-isolator or transformer must be used at the audio input to isolate it from the mains. Then triacs can be used to turn on the light bulbs. The CD4017 IC drives the triacs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back