Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

40% duty cycle square wave generator circuit.I need help to develop this circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be grand, it's always good to see how people decide to solve problems in the end.

look into an astable multivibrator using a 555 timer...
astable multi.JPG

That won't work because pin 2 is shorted to 0V.

why dosent it its a 555 timer and pin 2 is just trigger input ...you just need to give a trigger in order to change its state but as it is an astable multivibrator u dont need to change it state as it is always excited.....just try it out i ve got a duty cyle of 38% with this circuitastable multi.JPG

It still won't work, that capacitor on pin 2 is still shorted so it will just sit there.

Read the datasheet for a 555. When pin 2 is held low then pin 3 stays high.

ohhh yes im sorry abt that... plz dont consider the ground from the pin 2 .... it is just shorted to 6 ,..... is it ok now??

I've just realised, your circuit is correct but it's very confusing. Here's how it should be drawn.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back