Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4026 CMOS Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

ormo

Hi,

I am using the CMOS 4026 chip to drive a 7-segment display for a clock I'm making. I have one chip for each digit (6 in total: 2 for secs, 2 for mins and 2 for hrs).

The chips are labelled as so:

Code:
Digit: HH:MM:SS
Label: AB CD EF

The F chip will be clocked once per second. How can I make it clock chip E when it reaches 0? Also, how do I make chip E reset *and* clock chip D when it reaches 6?

Is what I'm asking possible or is there a much simpler method and I'm just being a bit dumb? :S

Thanks!!

Hi,

I am using the CMOS 4026 chip to drive a 7-segment display for a clock I'm making. I have one chip for each digit (6 in total: 2 for secs, 2 for mins and 2 for hrs).

The chips are labelled as so:

Code:
Digit: HH:MM:SS
Label: AB CD EF

The F chip will be clocked once per second. How can I make it clock chip E when it reaches 0? Also, how do I make chip E reset *and* clock chip D when it reaches 6?

Is what I'm asking possible or is there a much simpler method and I'm just being a bit dumb? :S

Thanks!!

hi,
Have you got the datasheet for a 4026.? I cant identify it.:)

EDIT: Found it.

To clock E from F use the 'carry out' signal from F as the clock for E.
For the '6' count use a 'AND' gate to detect a count of '6' on E and the output of the gate to reset E [itself]
This reset pulse is also used to clock D
Do you follow OK.?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back