Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

45mm diameter Capacitor metal lids

DB8219

Have been trying to source 45mm metal lids with a cable access to the side of the cap. Any idea where I can purchase two lids/caps. Little surprised when the capacitors turned up without caps as this is one of the dangerous ends.

Attachments

• IMG_20240424_091447_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240424_091447_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
Have been trying to source 45mm metal lids with a cable access to the side of the cap. Any idea where I can purchase two lids/caps. Little surprised when the capacitors turned up without caps as this is one of the dangerous ends.

I don't see why you're surprised?, I've never even heard of or seen any such product - if it exists at all it certainly wouldn't be provided with a capacitor. The entire capacitor should be out of harms way, in a suitable enclosure, so isn't in any way dangerous.

Are you not putting them in an enclosure?.

Hi Nigel, the original capacitors were situated within the machinery casing and bolted with a nut at the bottom , however there is sawdust within the machinery which has to be cleaned out there is a possibility that your hands/dust and moisture could come in contact with the top of the terminals. I am replacing the capacitors as one of them has failed, getting the lid of the failed one was difficult.

I'd 3D print them from PETG, that's quite tough and resistant to most common industrial fluids.

Hi Nigel, the original capacitors were situated within the machinery casing and bolted with a nut at the bottom , however there is sawdust within the machinery which has to be cleaned out there is a possibility that your hands/dust and moisture could come in contact with the top of the terminals. I am replacing the capacitors as one of them has failed, getting the lid of the failed one was difficult.

It was probably something done by the equipment manufacturer, who may have had them specially made?. As rjenkinsgb said, you could design your own and 3D print them.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back