Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5 second 'slow on' circuit

AGCB

I'm trying to build a soft start circuit for an electric clutch (riding mower type). So far, I can only get about 1 second or less to full power. I tried this circuit less the Zener and LED.
Voltage is 12 volts DC, load is 5 amps and using a IRFZ48N transistor.
I've increased the capacitor to 15,000 and played with resistors but nothing seems to help much.

I know I could do it with a MCU (and have) but would like to keep it simple if possible.

Would appreciate if someone could point me to a solution.

Thanks
Aaron

Considering all the trouble you are having; how can you claim with a straight face that this is somehow simple? We might have good cause to question your judgement.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back