Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 and accelration

Status
Not open for further replies.

chui

ok, here is the thing:
I have 555 circuit that outputs one or zero, alternativly, in a certain speed.
I need to connect something between two 555 s (or similar) so with time, one of the 555's frequency of outputting 1/0 would be changed.

example: one 555 (No1) outputs 1/0 every 1000 miliseconds. other 555 (No2) outputs 1/0 every 500 miliseconds. then what I want, is that every time that No1 outputs a "1" - the frequency of No2 will increase in one milisecond (501..502..503.. so on).

Hope i made myself clear. gracias.

It will be impossible to get this kind of accuracy from a pair of 555s. It would be far easier to use a PIC or some kind of VCO chip (4046) in place of 555 (No2)...
Edit: Forget the VCO, it will do something like you want but with little accuracy. Use a PIC. You don't mention how long the increase in 555(No2)s is to continue for. It has to stop somewhere.

Last edited:
Actually I want it to increase for about 1 hour..
PIC, ah? what it do? I'll check about it. thanks.

chui said:
Actually I want it to increase for about 1 hour..
PIC, ah? what it do? I'll check about it. thanks.

A PIC is basically a computer on a single chip - you could use an 8 pin one (same size as a 555), and if you use a crystal oscillator with it you could get good long accurate delays. However, you do need to program the PIC to do what you want!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back