Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 Delay On Circuit

iAmGrizzly

Hey guy's, I may find the solution before someone answers here but I figured if it can save me sometime might as well double down.

Trying to figure out how to setup a monostable 555 circuit to add a 15 second delay upon receiving power, then power a second 555 with a shorter 1 second delay. I found a few different circuits just searching the web but whenever I try to simulate them in LTspice I'm not getting the type of readings I was expecting. Essentially the goal of what I am doing is to get the first half of the circuit to wait 15 seconds then power a second half that has a shorter delay (1 second) that will receive its voltage from a secondary source.

I know it would probably be better to use relays but I have loads of 555 chips on hand already so if I can figure something out just using these then that would be nice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please post your LTspice file to make it easier for others here to help you. I would also ask for a timing diagram of what you want the circuit to do.

It's not clear what you want.
What does the second 1s delay do if you already have a 15s delay in front of that?
Or do you mean a 1s pulse after a 15s delay?

Latest threads

Back