Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 Diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Harding

Hi, i am in the middle of building a circuit that uses a 555NE chip.
Im confused as to what pin is what, i thought it starts, top left is 1, then below 2 then 3 then 4, to the right of four is 5, above 6, then 7 then 8.
In some diagrams i see these numbers all over the place. I havent a clue why, if someone has any explanations, much appriciated before i go and ruin my circuit :p

Thanks

Looking at the top of the 555 the numbering is as shown in the attachment. Sometimes schematic diagrams do not always have the
pins in order of their placement on the actual package.

Last edited:
The pins are out of order to make it easier to draw the circuit. Some drawings also leave out the power pins, they assume you know what they are :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back