Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7 Segment display, how to invert on/off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willsor

Hi

I am using a 4511 bcd to abcdefg 7 segment driver and a 7 segment display. I have laid out my wiring thus far assuming the 7 segment display had a common cathode. It wasnt working so I looked up the data sheet and it has a common anode instead. I wired that up to my 5v rail and the led's are sort of flipped.. ie.. when I want to display a 0 none of the leds on the 7 segment are lit up except for the centre one.. the one that is usually off when trying to display a 0. (Led input g I think)

Is there any easy way to fix this besides putting all the inputs through a not gate or something like that?

Not that I can think of. You could use a couple of HEX inverters to invert the signals to the display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back