Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

9v to 3v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tohu

Hello
How to supply 3v tv remote control with 9v battery without consumption current (battery) when the remote control is turned off?
Thanks

A load (9) of series diodes ?

Each diode will drop around 0.7 volts so 9 in series will drop around 6.3 volts.

Use a voltage regulator with a very low quiescent current.

Why do you want to do this?

Use two AA cells and be done with it.

Hello

Thanks for quick reply.

I use 9v battery (not 2 AAs ) because I use the same battery to supply another 9v circuit in the remote control.
The using 9 of series diodes is a good idea but it take a big area in the circuit .
And I tried to use LM7803 but it consumption current continuously without turn on the remote control.
Is there another method to convert 9v to 3v with transistor?

Thanks

What does the other 9V circuit do?

Could it be converted to work on 3V?

Hello
It is a circuit to carry Ir signal on RF signal ,the range is 500m , with one transistor .

What about doing it the other way round, use two AA cells and a step up converter to get the 9V?

Hero999 said:
What about doing it the other way round, use two AA cells and a step up converter to get the 9V?

How can I do that with simple method?

blueroomelectronics said:
It's a one transistor 0.5km transmitter that runs on a 9V battery; impressive.

Sorry I have wrong , the range is 200m not 500m

Still building a transmitter with any sort of power would require a license. What frequency are you using? Posting the circuit would be helpful.

You can get some pretty simple boost converter ICs that just need a couple of capacitors, resistors and an inductor. Checkout Linear Technologies, Maximum Semiconductor and National semiconductor websites.

blueroomelectronics said:
Still building a transmitter with any sort of power would require a license. What frequency are you using? Posting the circuit would be helpful.

It is 433mhz

Salgat said:
Theres a few good switching regulators that will do it efficiently, but unfortunately they are SMD.
So what's so bad about SMD?

I'm also pretty sure through hole devices exist and that you probably haven't looked hard enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back