Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

9v to 50v

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakes21

Im interest in designing a use of a 9v battery to convert to 50v 3-4 A DC..im using multitism workbench as a circuit maker...any circuit ideas?

That'll work for about 0.02 of a second. 3-4A @ 50V would require more than 16-22A @ 9V which no little 9V battery, even in it's wildest dreams, can ever hope to supply. Are you actually trying to build this or just SIM it?

That simple boost converter might be just the thing to convert the voltage--the amperage I don't think you're going to be happy with, though. 3 or 4 amps from a little 9V battery will kill the battery very quickly, even if the boost converter can maintain 50V with that kind of load on it.

What are you planning to use this thing for? If you say what you're trying to accomplish, instead of how you're trying to accomplish it, we can often come up with an alternate solution which may be simpler or work better.

Torben

I was hoping to build this...i want to power up a motor that i have and also do other duties. I thought why not designing sumthing that could run of at least a 9v battery.what would be achievable?

Because a 9V battery can't provide you with enough power.

50V at 4A is 200W a 9V battery would struggle to give you 1/50 of the amount of power.

Get four 12V 4Ah lead acid batteries and connect them in series and you'll have no problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back