Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A component from TV cannot recognized please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willen

Sorry for less resolution picture. At the top of the components written- "N38.9A 0 0"
Its code on PCB board is "SF101". It has 5 pins through hole.TV is old and simple one (may be Black and White). I searched on internet but failed. Can say what it is and its function on TV?

It will be so good if I can use it on my simple basic hobbyist circuits :)

Attachments

• Photo0128.jpg
    Photo0128.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 226
It's quite blurry, but it looks like a can-type oscillator to me. SF may stand for "Single Frequency xtal oscillator". The markings on the top of the can (38.9) probably means 38.9 MHz.

Yes, it's a SWAF (Surface Wave Acoustic Filter), used to provide the IF filtering.

They replace multiple IF cans years back, it's of no use as a component for anything else, and they pretty well never go wrong.

I did use to keep them in stock, because we used to convert quite a few TV's from UK to Europe, and back - and the SWAF's are different as well as the sound IF filtering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back