Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a very simple sensor system for a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i think this has worked

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 151
hi n73,

From my calculations if the ball is moving at say 330fps [100m/s] and the ball dia is say, 6mm I make the blanking time in the order of 60uSec

I have designed and tested a IR detection circuit, using a PIN diode SFH2030-F which gives a switching time
of better than 0.5uSec, so that part of the system will not be a problem.
This is based on a 4.5Vsupply.[what current do the motors require??]

Unless you are using special motors, I cannot see how the motors can to even reach 25% of their TV, from ball detection
to the ball reaching the motors.

With a detection point to motor distance of 0.5mtr, the ball transit time is only 5mSec.
I suspect due to motor and brush mass inertia the motors will not reach anywhere near 5% of their TV.

Somehow the motors have to be running before the trigger is pulled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back