About 8051 u controller!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hi,

I want to start u controller for this i want to go for basic like 8051 uc.....
after searching Google for using it, 8051 kit is needed to burn 8051 program.

please tell from where to buy 8051 kit online, as i have gone through express kits he was not giving guarantee that this kit will work after courier.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, plese tell from where to get it kit, as i am not aware whether it will work fine or how to check .......

should i start with PIC??

I have no idea where you would get one,,, Are you located in India? That's why I suggested the schematic..

Can you get hold of atmel89c52's? You can get a ready built one from ebay..**broken link removed**

OK, i have seen that link it was showing the kit is of 10$ near by, can i learn it without any teacher?
or i should go with PIC 16series...??

Last edited:
The 8051 was the first processor I used.. There are a great deal of decent variants.... I moved to PIC as it was easier to get help and resources..

Take the link on Nigels signature above... Absolutely loads of starter examples... And the guy himself here to answer (reasonable) queries..

I always say... What are you going to need it for... What resources do you need... What kind of power requirements.. Now choose a processor..

Have you looked int C... or will you use machine code.. The good thing about assembler, it teaches you low level control.. I have a book titled "8051 micro controller"

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0750657596

I have met the authors David, Fred and Hassan.. They are professors at Portsmouth university.. The micro section is funded by Phillips I have all the original dev boards used in the book... Fred gave them to me before he retired...

Anyway! This book was meant for people like you.

Have you looked int C... or will you use machine code..

Hi again,

I have studied C language last year in course book, this semester i have learned assembly lang. and completed 8085, 8086,etc all theory in course book...............

There are many book in my college lib. no need of this, but tell how to get a working kit of it.............??

Thanks

Hi again,

I can get 8051 Chip from market, but how to get kit from where and how to check it while buying?

Hi again,

I can get 8051 Chip from market, but how to get kit from where and how to check it while buying?

You might have better luck if you asked in the right forum?, you didn't even ask in the Microcontrollers forum, never mind the 8051 sub-forum where you should have asked.

One problem is, the 8051 is hard to fine, (also the kit).
A simple search brings up about 200 versions of the 8051.
8052, AT98xxx series, C8051Fxxx series, DS225x, DS500x, SST89xxx, P87LPCxxx, P89LPC9xxxx, PSOCxxxxx, W77Lxxxx, AT80251xxx, AT87251xxx, and many more.
Each has a 'kit".

I typed into yahoo search '8051 kit' and got many hits.

You might have better luck if you asked in the right forum?, you didn't even ask in the Microcontrollers forum, never mind the 8051 sub-forum where you should have asked.

OK, now i think to move in PIC 16 Series, in my town there is a local tutorial how was asking 156$ for 1 month and he will give kit pf PIC 16xxx and tell about working of it...........
should i go to him or just buy the kit and do myself??

How do you expect us to judge that, especially considering we're on the other side of the world from you?

If for that $156 you gain an understanding of how to program PICs then yes, it would be money well spent. But if the guy isn't a good teacher, maybe you'd be better off just buying the programmer, etc., and learning stuff from the web. You seem to already have a basic understanding of programming, so this shouldn't be too hard.

Or you could buy, you know, a book that explains all this.

Or you could buy, you know, a book that explains all this.

OK, please tell a good link to buy this PIC 16xx kit, and i want to check it is working before buying..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…