Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adjustable switching converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

the judge

does anyone have a design for a dc to dc converter that has an input voltage of about 2-12v and has an output voltage that would change just by turning a pot. what im looking for is like the anyvolt, but it has a 500ma limit and cost $25 i looked at a lot of chips and they dont cost a lot, and can handle a lot more power, but i couldnt find a schematic that could change the output voltage with a pot (potentiometer, not smoking pot and thinking there's a change in voltage and then trying to eat the voltage)

Input range of 2 to 12 vdc is quite a tall order. You did not say anything about output voltage range.

Take a look at Maxim buck-boost switchers.

Last edited:
MAX5093 so far looks nice, but the max output is only 250 ma, and although it says the voltage output can be changed with a resistor, i couldn't find a schematic that had a pot in it. could u use a transistor somewhere to increase the max current out?

It also doesn't work down to 2V input like you require.

Have you decided what output voltages you need?

the input voltage for this (3.5 to 72) is fine for me, i dont need exactly 2 -12v, just somewhere around there (im probably not going to use 30v much less 72, but they only have 9 step up/step down converters, and that's the one with the specs closest to what i want)
i want the output voltage to be around 1-14v, but if i found something that had 3-9v output, id be happy. this is more for general use for multiple projects, so im looking for something that's easy to use and integrate, and of course, cheap. if it's complicated and hard to make, i can deal with that because ill be making several of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back