Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckvader

Wat is the best way to understand electronic circuits and programming.

Being a Uni student, I dnt believe its possible to build a whole new circuit from scratch and write programms juz from nothing. Wat advice can u giv me.

I see lots of ppl writting to tis forum asking OOhhhh Help Help meeee!!!! Need schematics for Final Year Projects. Tis dnt noe tat dnt noe. DIE!!
Hahhahaha my fren got some nasty reply from tis.

Reading books seem not to be enough. So genius out there wat is ur secret.

How can I complete a whole big Final Year project in 2 months. Need a miricle or something.

Come giv me some cool web sites worth visiting or some comments about tis.

I dnt believe in short cuts. Those LAZY PPL need a boot up thier butt.

Is there a site tat can solve Final Year Students Project problems?

I've seen some cater to companies oni and doesnt entertain students.

Duckvader said:
I dnt believe in short cuts. Those LAZY PPL need a boot up thier butt.

Then it looks like you need a kick in the butt for either being lazy with your English or not filling in you location in your profile.

The Right way to do it ?

Hi Duckvader,

There's always a way . . . . :D

on1aag.

Attachments

• Fons Sapientiae .JPG
    Fons Sapientiae .JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 161
hey,

advice? I dunno, obsessive problem solving always spurred me on :D That and an unholy love of all things 'electronic', always wanted to know exactly how things worked, down to the finest detail. I've blown loads of transistors and IC's (whats Vss and Vdd again? :D ), its all a learning curve. But, as with most subjects, theory and practicality are two different things....experience counts for a lot. My way of learning was to set myself almost impossible tasks...like building guitar effects pedals when i started, took ages of research and tinkering, but I got there in the end. I imagine most would get put of by this though, best to set reachable goals.

One little tip, its probably obvious, but with both hardware AND software, start of with a basic idea, brainstorming. Then break things down into block diagrams (or flow charts for software). You can then go into even more detail, breaking up each block into more blocks...then design a circuit for each one. Once you have all the 'blocks' done, you add them together, then check it over to see if it all works, and THEN comes the practical part, then debugging, then redesign....you'll get better at it. Plus you build up a library of useful software snippets, or little circuits (like a power supply circuit...or LED display driver etc..) which can be used again and again.

An example would be something like a digital voltmeter, pretty pointless but educational. You have your input, protection circuit, voltage buffer, ADC, then some intelligence (a micro?) then your LED display. You can design each part seperately. The whole 'input -> process -> output' thing is everywhere. Thinking in a modular way has stood me in good stead

http://www.discovercircuits.com has LOADS of schematics, many with detailed explainations...if you see something you dont' know about...open up another browser and google you heart out, if you wonder how something works...books and the internet are wonderful tools. Finding an interesting project thats both 'doable' AND useful can sometimes be difficult, you'll probably get bored knocking up a circuit that makes a few LED's flash in pretty colours (still seems to do it for me though...). So, if you have a hobby that uses electronics (music, computer modding, modding cars etc..) try to come up with an application, then worry about design.

Anyway, probably doesn't help at all, but hey, its late, and I just wanted to stick my oar in.

The forever-geek:
Blueteeth.

as was mentioned, clean up your english. IMglish isn't the same and marks you as a smart-alec that doesn't want to communicate but rather make a "I am cool" statement.

I find that looking at lots of designs has really helped me. why did the designer do it the way he did. Don't take a given design as correct. there are lots of bad and/or marginal circuits out there. I also read datasheets and application note in a near obsessive fashion. you can get a lot of understanding from them.

Duckvader said:
...So genius out there wat is ur secret...
Learn to read and write English fluently, not just enough to get by. Read datasheets and apllication notes. Keep a detailed lab notebook with all of your experiments and prototype circuits. When you build a circuit document everything. Ask other people to read what you have written to see if they understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back