ADXL sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashfsk

Hi. Im using ADXL203 & ADXL103 for tracking. The datasheet indicates that the output range of ADXL varies from 0.002 to 4.8V. Please correct me if I am wrong on this. This voltage corresponds to the acceleration. I would like to know how one can obtain the acceleration given this voltage? Is there any equation or constant using which one can obtain the acceleration??

Thank You.

According to the datasheet, the scale factor is 1000mV/g, where g= 9.80665 m/s/s, which is the acceleration of gravity.
Therefore,the scale factor is 101.972mV/s/s.

The output is zero at nominally VCC/2 (they are tested with VCC=5V), and goes positive or negative from there, depending on whether the acceleration is positive or negative.
This means that if you tilt it +/-90 degrees from horizontal on the 103 axis (or one of the axes, in case of the 203), the output will go to +/1.000V. The datasheet says that the DC output for zero tilt may be as much as +/- 100mV, so you will need an zero adjustment for DC measurements such as tilt. If you don't need to measure DC outputs caused by the acceleration of gravity, you can AC couple the output and eliminate the offset adjustment.
Keep in mind that I have not used these parts. I'm just interpreting the datasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…