Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

amping a photodiode help

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3 amplifier circuit does not look like it will work. All three diodes are in parallel. What effects one branch will effect all branches. If this is what you want, just use one op-amp. It will do the same thing.:)
Why not use 3 seperate photo diodes with seperate op-amps?
They are not in parallel.

Notice also what I said:

The 3 amplifier circuit does not look like it will work. All three diodes are in parallel. What effects one branch will effect all branches. If this is what you want, just use one op-amp. It will do the same thing.:)
Why not use 3 seperate photo diodes with seperate op-amps?

I indicated what I was talking about. I wasn't speaking about the datasheet. But no problem.

I misinterpreted the datasheet. The part is common cathode, as you stated.:eek:
Are you going to use AVCC, or the internal 1.1V reference, for the A/D?

OK, here's a place to start. You will have to play with the feedback resistor and capacitor. I have a feeling the resistor value may need to be in the megohms.
CAVEAT: I have never used the ATmega88, the LTC6082, or your photodiode.;)
But it's better than what you have now.:D

Attachments

• photodiode amp.PNG
    photodiode amp.PNG
    26.2 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Hello!

I'm working on a similar project. The components I'm using are as follows:

Photodiode
**broken link removed**

The results I'm getting with the solution posted here are sorta like on off (Any light at all and the output goes low. With no light the output goes high. Very hard to reach a happy medium). I have a feeling it has to do with the resistor and capacitor in the feedback?

I'm wondering how I should go about selecting the proper resistor/capacitor combination?

Thanks in advance!

Reduce the value of the feedback resistor to make the circuit less sensitive to light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back