Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifier and superposition theorem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiwari.sachin

Hello All

I have a few sensors whose outputs are +- 5V, +-10V and +-20V.

I need to have a circuit which will have these signals changed to 0-5V range so that it can be connected to the ADC.

for example: if i consider +-10V sensor, i should get output as follows.
+10 V --> 5V,
0V --> 2.5V
-10V --> 0V,

I got a circuit that should reasonably do the same but i am unable to understand how the final function has been derived.

I have attached the circuit and final formula. If anyone can help me understand how the final formula has been reached, it would be of great help. I understand that super position theorem has been used to reach upto the final point. I am somehow not able to get how it is done.

Regards
Sachin

Attachments

• Circuit.JPG
    Circuit.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 161
  • Final Equations after applying superposition.JPG
    Final Equations after applying superposition.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 139
The circuit you posted is for a differential source. Are your sensors differential, or can one end of each be tied to the ADC's ground potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back