Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

amplify 20mV to 6-9V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CypressMountain

Hi, I want to make a firework detonator using a dollar store timer, so I need to amplify 20mV to 6-9V to ignite an 'estes model rocket igniter'. How could I do this? I know next to nothing about electonics

Where is your 20mV coming from? Is it a signal, or a power source?

What other voltages do you have available?

If 20mV is your only power source, then there just is no practical way to get enough energy to fire the igniter.

The timer uses an LR41 battery but the wires to the buzzer only have like 20mV apparently and that's what I'm connecting the igniter to

How have you measured your 20mV from the buzzer ? 20mV through a buzzer will be pretty much inaudable.

You also need a circuit that ignores any beeps that come from pressing the buzzer buttons or you'll fry yourself.

This thread should be closed.
We do not want terrorists to do this, do we?

How have you measured your 20mV from the buzzer ? 20mV through a buzzer will be pretty much inaudable.

You also need a circuit that ignores any beeps that come from pressing the buzzer buttons or you'll fry yourself.

That's just what the guy said in the video I posted up there ^^^

And yeah I wouldn't connect everything until I started the countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back