Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

an amp lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwade1

can anyone help???
i need to make a splitter for an amp(so 2 leads can go into 1 amp) has any one got any ideas???

rwade1 said:
can anyone help???
i need to make a splitter for an amp(so 2 leads can go into 1 amp) has any one got any ideas???

How can we?, you don't say what the connections are!.

Are these:

1) Mains leads?.
2) Speaker leads?.
3) Input leads (and from what)?.
4) Something else?.

There are various things you can do, and various things you can't, so you need to state EXACTLY what you want to do - not doing so could result in answers that could destroy your amplifier - so it's VERY IMPORTANT to be specific!.

akso without knowing why I would strongly suggest you dont.

There is no way to guarantee you get current shaing in two parallel conductors

rwade1 said:
from 2 guitars into an amp which is connected to the mains

This is still pretty vague!, I'm assuming you have a guitar amplifer with only one input?, and you want to feed two guitars in to it at the same time?.

You 'could' just make a 'Y' lead, but it will have loads of limitations. What you need is a small two channel mixer, a simple opamp and a few resistors is all it would take.

You could even try just two resistors, one from the centre output of each guitar, and joined together at the amplifier input. The screens of all the cables should be connected together as well. The value of the resistors depends on many factors, I would try 470K for a start, and see how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back