Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog voltmeter does not go back to zero

remzo

Hi all,

I wanted to use the output of a DAC pin of the ESP 32 to control a voltmeter and use it as a display.

This almost seemed to work but suddenly the volt meter has chosen a new 'zero' at .5 volt.

The ESP32 sends out different voltages and the meter responds. But not so accurate since .5 is the new zero.

Can I somehow reset this meter?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-20 172050.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-20 172050.png
    491.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Solution
The mechanical "zero adjustment" mechanism has been disturbed, I guess by your fingers when you picked up the meter.

1721497615013.png

Try moving the the part indicated by the red arrow.
When that part is vertical, the meter pointer should be at zero.

JimB
Does the meter not go back to zero when the DAC signal is physically removed?

As crutschow's question is "Does the meter NOT go back to zero" when the meter is disconnected from the DAC do you mean that it does NOT go back to zero ?

Les.

It does not go back to zero indeed. In the photo the volt meter is disconnected.

If I switch + and - the DAC signal makes the meter go to zero (and it tries to go even lower).

The mechanical "zero adjustment" mechanism has been disturbed, I guess by your fingers when you picked up the meter.

1721497615013.png

Try moving the the part indicated by the red arrow.
When that part is vertical, the meter pointer should be at zero.

JimB

Solution

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back