Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

antenna rotator question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmatini

Dear Friend
As you know some kind of TV antenna rotate by a rotor .the rotor power is supplied by Main antenna wire (the wire that carry sound and image signals).I am looking for a circuit and description to make a board for this problem. How should you lead me?
It will be appreciated if you could direct me to a correct way

Thanks
Touradj

It depends on what type of motor the rotator has (AC/DC/Voltage?), what kind of limit switches there are?, and what kind of rotation position sensor (pot, pulse?) it has.

Dear Friend
As you know some kind of TV antenna rotate by a rotor .the rotor power is supplied by Main antenna wire (the wire that carry sound and image signals).I am looking for a circuit and description to make a board for this problem. How should you lead me?
It will be appreciated if you could direct me to a correct way

Thanks
Touradj

This is incorrect. Typically rotors are powered by a "mains" or rectified voltage, not by modulated RF power.

There are antenna rotators made that send motor power and directional signals through the antenna RF lead. But it's unlikely that you will find a circuit for this published anywhere since these tend to be proprietary.

There are antenna rotators made that send motor power and directional signals through the antenna RF lead. But it's unlikely that you will find a circuit for this published anywhere since these tend to be proprietary.

Indeed, he asked about TV rotors and my answer was skewed by my experience with TX/RX antennas (where this would be unthinkable). Clever that they are doing that now.

i didnt get anything

dear friends
i am going to make an antenna with a rotator that rotator(for example a dc rotator) should supply by antenna wire.it means RF signals and dc power signals are moving through antenna wire.
its simple the rotor supplies by dc power.one way is mix a dc power and RFsingnal at first and filter dc signal in the last. i am looking for best way and some circuit if you know.

thanks for your time
Touradj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back