Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any idea how he converted this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moody07747

**broken link removed**

i asked but im not sure if he will tell me how he did it

i also have one of those cue cats and am in need of a scanner

btw heres a link with pix of the inside of the scanner and info about it all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CueCat

i have a different model as the multi pin connector is in the back and the PC board has only one small chip on it and other little resistors and all but not much anything else

Last edited:
you probably have one of the newest versions, tamper proof with everything in a single chip

the older units had a discrete serial eeprom which was just disconnected ... this eeprom contains a unique serial number, which gets added to the output stream.

it's fairly easy to deal with in software, just ignore the non-barcode numbers.

justDIY said:
you probably have one of the newest versions, tamper proof with everything in a single chip

the older units had a discrete serial eeprom which was just disconnected ... this eeprom contains a unique serial number, which gets added to the output stream.

it's fairly easy to deal with in software, just ignore the non-barcode numbers.

I have the older version...ill have some pix now

its the one that plugs into the keyboard port then splits so you can use the keyboard with it

the newer one plugs into the USB port

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back