Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anyone from the portland OR / vancouver WA area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aubicon

im new to the area and having trouble finding a good store for components. Radio shack just doesent cut it. any advise?

i know and i use them alot but its nice to have a place that you can walk into on a saturday and get just what you are looking for at a moments notice, theres nothing worse than getting into a project and then being stuck because you have to wait for one simple component.

Fry's electronics in Wilsonville would have the odds and ends, open on weekends of course. Not sure if there is one Vancouver or not.

Or there is http://www.norvac.net/index.html in Beaverton. Been to the Norvac in Eugene. They have a much bigger selection than Fry's, but then they wont be open on weekends either. Norvac has the NTE stuff which I hate/refuse to pay for. What makes NTE so special/pricey anyway?

Think there might be a surplus store or two (possibly on the web to my recollection).

I am sure there are many others due to all the high tech business there.

aubicon said:
i know and i use them alot but its nice to have a place that you can walk into on a saturday and get just what you are looking for at a moments notice, theres nothing worse than getting into a project and then being stuck because you have to wait for one simple component.

Perhaps if you had your location filled in, then people could help you?.

But may I suggest R.F.Potts in Derby, an excellent place for parts, and there's a handy Maplin's not far away.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Perhaps if you had your location filled in, then people could help you?.

But may I suggest R.F.Potts in Derby, an excellent place for parts, and there's a handy Maplin's not far away.

mmmmmmm Nigel from what I read of the topic name I'd say the bloke is in Canada around the Vancouver area. :D

sorry Mate couldn't resist :p :p :p :p :p

Cheers Bryan

I don't think Nigel is 100% awake yet ;)

Even I spotted the location :p

He does have a point about having your location filled out though - it annoys me when people ask questions about where to get bits from but don't even specify their country in their profile.

picbits said:

It's a very rare day when you can catch Nigel out and this one was too good to let go. :rolleyes:

picbits said:

He does have a point about having your location filled out though - it annoys me when people ask questions about where to get bits from but don't even specify their country in their profile.

I rarely read titles, but the location is cleared visible to the left of every post - pointless to leave it blank, and even more pointless to put some 'clever' (stupid) remark there.

aubicon said:

This is what I do normally never order online, visit & buying.
There are many new items in the market so we can see them & get an idea.

Finally buying them & run out of money to buy the stuff that you planned to buy.

bryan1 said:

mmmmmmm Nigel from what I read of the topic name I'd say the bloke is in Canada around the Vancouver area. :D

sorry Mate couldn't resist :p :p :p :p :p

Cheers Bryan

The Vancouver the OP is talking about is in the US. In the state of Washington adjacent to Portland Oregon. They made (or used to make) HP Inkjet printers there.

3v0 said:
The Vancouver the OP is talking about is in the US. In the state of Washington adjacent to Portland Oregon. They made (or used to make) HP Inkjet printers there.

Thanks for that 3V0 but as the location is on the wrong side of the world atleast I was sort of close.:D

Try Yahoo Yellow Pages. I see there is a Newark store in Portland. It is in the Electronics Retailers section but I can't tell if it's mail order only.

Bob Scott said:
Try Yahoo Yellow Pages. I see there is a Newark store in Portland. It is in the Electronics Retailers section but I can't tell if it's mail order only.

If you are in the same area that you may get next day delivery if you place an order in the AM. Same day may be too much to hope for. Not the same as walk in but not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back