Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ART2003 Programmer questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

theo92

from edaboard forum: **broken link removed**

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/09/art2003prog.pdf

He told the ART2003 programmer works for PIC18F chips.

Can somebody please help me here regarding this programmer,

Can I use an external +5V power supply from a 9V source dropped to +5V with L7805?
I used it but won't worked. There may me mistake in wiring. There was no error in the 5V power supply. Like it was reversed or connected to other pins etc.It was not But it is definitely a shame to miswire such a simple schematic.
Before wiring that I used two 1.5V AA sized battery. And I put the 3V volt to the supply pins of PIC18F2550. It shouldn't worked as the PIC's minimum voltage rating is 4.5V.

Is there any chance of destruction of the PIC18F2550 through this operation?

I have only two PIC18F2550. Ohooo!!If I have destroyed it???
I'm building a ART2003 programmer on vero/perfboard. As I built it on my breadboard which is old and got some track breaking/rusting etc.
I'll test it tuesday.

Last edited:
I found another one. What about it? can it program PIC18F serise specially PIC18F2550?

here it is : **broken link removed**

Don't high voltages on RS-232 harm the PIC?

All the PIC's I/O-pins are protected against electric discharge by internal diodes to Vss and Vdd (see datasheet!). With a resistor limiting the pin current, all voltages will get clamped between 0V and 5V.

Is it true??

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back