AT89C2051 Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

$^$

Hi...
I wanna to ask about AT89C2051 programmer..
I'm really confused about it...
Please help me how to download the hex file to the AT89C2051..with serial or paralel port...(coz i'm usually used AT89s52)
thx

You cannot download your hex files to the part, they have no onboard bootloader. They need to be programmed with a programmer that manipulates and controls the processor pins directly.

You need to buy a programmer, download your .hex files to the programmer and tell the programmer to program the part. Then you remove it from the programmer and insert it into your board.

The ATMEL website has an excel file which lists all the different vendors that make programmers. Some of them are pricey, a BP microsystems programmer is about $6000.00

Last edited:
Go to the atmel website and change to the AT89 "S" 2051 they allow for serial uploading ... really you should go the AVR cores the 8051 cores been around since 1980 and it was intel that introduced it ... You will have to look around for a serial programmer schematic thou i got one somewhere but I will only go looking for it when I kill my top of the line programmer and get desperate ! Note AVR ISP programmers go for like $50(AUD) in Australia from atmel !

TPS said:
HI I HAVE BUILT "TAFE" PROGRAMMER FOR AT89C2051 BUT IT IS NOT WORKING WITH IC-PROG SOFTWARE . i am using winxp -sp2 , P4-2.4 ghz ,512mb RAM
help me out

http://www.ic-prog.com/2051pv2.gif

Does that happen to use the parrallel port if so windows XP and older software unlikely to work due some quirky stuff in microsoft holding onto the port !!!

PS cant see the full schematic !!!

Last edited:
vijay sohra

I have a nice Equinox programmer for the AT89C2051
But works only under Win98 and lower

because equinox seems to use inportb() outportb() functions, which are restricted in nt technology ie windows after windows 98 due to security reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…