Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio- Guru

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushroom187

got the data its as follow, foward voltage : 3.2 - 3.7
reverse voltage : <=30
max power dissipitation :80 mw
max peak foward circuit 75 ma
reverse voltage : 5-6 volts
it comes with resistors to work with 12v ,
what can i use as power supply instead of battery?
also the leds are daisy chain, mean from 1 led goes to the next and so on last
led on chain has the pos and neg so i connect that to pcb board, i have three chains, they
all connect to pcb board,, the pins for the led also connect to pcb board,, splicing station
i cant upload pics 4 some reason,

u said MIN voltage input is 4v on lm386 chip, can u pencil draw a quick diagram with using mic, capacitor thanks

Hi Mushroom,
The LEDs should be coupled to the output of the LM386 through a coupling capacitor. 470uF will pass bass frequencies pretty well.
Then the LEDs will have AC across them so you can connect two LEDs in parallel in reverse so one lights when the signal goes positive and the other lights when the signal goes less positive.
Each pair of LEDs need a current-limiting resistor in series.

The LM386 will have an output of up to 5V peak when it has a 12V supply.
If the LEDs are 3.7V then their max allowed current is 80mW/3.7V= 21.6mA and if they are 3.2V then their max allowed current is 80mW/3.2= 25mA.

The current-limiting resistors should be (5V - 3.7V)/21.6mA= 60.2 ohms, to (5V - 3.2V)/25mA= 72 ohms. Try 68 ohms.
You can connect up to 12 pairs of LEDs to one LM386.

EDIT: I fixed a mistake in the schematic.

Attachments

• LED flasher to music.PNG
    LED flasher to music.PNG
    17.7 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Please don't address threads to a specific member; that's what private messages are for.

Mushroom sent me a PM but could not attach his schematic and I could not attach mine.
So I asked him to make a new topic in the forum about his circuit.
His new topic has my name instead of the name of his project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back