Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic Battery Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

sv_clintrace999

Mabuhay!

Im newbie here from Philippines and i guess i found a new site that would help me with my project problem. I have a VHF and it`s battery is 7.2v 1,100mah and the charger doesn`t automatically shut off when the charging is full. Does anyone can help me building an auto shut off charger for the said battery using only few and not complicated components for a circuit?

Any help would be appreciated..

Salamat,

Clint

Hi Clint,

depending on the kind of battery chemistry (NIMH or NiCad) you might use a MAX712 or MAX713. It contains everything charging batteries from 1 to 16 cells properly.

Boncuk

Last edited:
Hi Clint,

Kumusta?
I'm a Filipino too, but currently living and working here in Ireland. I have some schematics for that application. I'll try to dig for you, It's been a while since I used that design. I hope still have it.

Lead/acid Application

Hi
is there an application to use the max712 to charge 12V automotive battery?

Hi Clint,

Kumusta?
I'm a Filipino too, but currently living and working here in Ireland. I have some schematics for that application. I'll try to dig for you, It's been a while since I used that design. I hope still have it.

oh hello chaerl!

it`s good to hear someone from my place! now the thing is that i have this 1,100mah nicad battery and i wanted to have an automatic charger for it and as much as possible uses only a few components so that i could have a replacement for my charger and leave it charging till it turns off when charged full.

Looking forward to your schematics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back