bad time

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamproject

hi all,

nice to be back . haven't posted in a while . !!. How are you all ?

I am using an LM629 motioncontrol IC. It needs a 6 Mhz. sytem clock . The LM629 is being programmed by a 16F877 pic . Can i use the clock out from the pic to provide system clock to the lm629 or do i have to provide a seperate clock . If this to be done with a 6 Mhz. crytal , it has two pins but the system clock needs to be input on only one pin on the lm629. Can i use a 555 for this . I heard that the 555 is unstable at such high speeds.

Thanks in advance

If you use a 6MHz crystal on the PIC, you can feed from the clock out pin to the LM629 - depending on the input impedance of the 629, you may need to buffer it first.

You can't really use an RC oscillator at those types of speeds, particularly a 555!.

Re: buffers

dreamproject said:
Hi all,
Thanks for your help . But How Do i buffer the circuit ???

With a buffer amplifier, high impedance input, and low impedance output - a single transistor or FET is commonly used. But try it without first, and see if it works (if it doesn't it'll probably stop the PIC clock).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…