basic sequencer: controlling overall volume output

Status
Not open for further replies.

flim

hello!

I've built my own little sequencer, following Sebastian Tomczak's instructions:

fun with sea moss (or, basic digital sound devices)

I'd like to add a potentiometer to control the overall volume output, but wouldn't know where to connect it to (respectively have tried any possible connection I could come up with).

Sebastian Tomczak does use a potentiometer (R17) to control overall volume output in a extension of his sequencer: fun with sea moss (or, basic digital sound devices)

now I'd like to do the same with his basic sequencer (first link).. any hints appreciated..

cheers!

-jonas

The volume control should be on your amp. What are you using for an amp? Andy

of course. in this case I'm using kemo's M031n 3,5W amp (for a single 4Ω / 3W speaker) - volume control even documented in its description

so sorry for posting. cheers!

-jonas

Attachments

• m031n.pdf
    226 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
You should connect an output coupling capacitor of about 330nF (0.33uF) to block the DC from the circuit's output from affecting the 10k volume control.

You should connect an output coupling capacitor of about 330nF (0.33uF) to block the DC from the circuit's output from affecting the 10k volume control.
Or visa/versa. The volume control could effect the output of the sequencer. audioguru, could he use a larger cap? An electrolytic even? Andy

The output impedance of the Cmos circuit is about 1k ohms. Adding the 10k volume control then the total resistance is 11k ohms and a 330nF capacitor will produce a roll-off at 44Hz which is low enough. A 1uf electrolytic capacitor will produce a rolloff at 14Hz which might be too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…