Best mini lab station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmurfTacular

I am a huge electronics enthusiast, I mostly experiment with LED's and drivers for high powered custom flashlights. But I also work on my cars electrical.

Anyway, I am currently using a Velleman 3-in-1. It has a 48 watt adjustable soldering iron, fully functioning digital multimeter measuring up to 10 amp current, and a DC power supply at pre set voltages, and it can go up to 1.5 amps. But for the price its a great buy, at only $130.

**broken link removed**

I am looking for something very similar but with a better power supply, ideally it would have to be able to do 10 amps. I wouldn't mind spending up to $300. Is there a higher quality 3-in-1 mini lab? Thanks.

I'd recommend seperate devices - a proper stand alone, current limmited power supply, a quality multimeter and a seperate soldering iron. Is there any advantage to having them clipped together?

Problem with an all in one is if any single item breaks...

It's also not really a lab but might be handy for a classroom where you don't want it stolen or misplaced.

That 10A requirement pretty much puts it as standalone and not so cheap.

Well I like the all in one look, because it makes the work bench look clean, although it doesn't look so clean in the pic i took

I don't think I have the room on my for a bunch of bulky lab equipment. And its my dads bench too, and he wouldn't like it.

This might sound crazy, but is it possible to increase the amperage of the DC power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…