bluetooth transmitter medical device

Status
Not open for further replies.

vds002

I am a graduate student at LaTech. We are developing a device for treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea. I have two channels of real-time analog data (varying from +5V= -5V). I want to transmit this data via bluetooth. My data recording system (Dell Laptop and data recoding software) has a bluetooth receiver.
I am a biomedical student with very little backgound on wireless communication. I would appreciate if any one could give me some insights on how to transmitt the data and help me selecting the right blue-tooth transmitter and show me how to transmit the data via bluetooth so that it can be received by the bluetooth on my Laptop.

Bluetooth modules are available that would suit your needs for short ranges, like the same room, or a room away. But it would require relatively sophisticated knowledge of electronics to create a controller circuit that could transmit those analog signals and decent software to do anything with them. Unless you are familiar with micro controllers and building your own circuits on perfboard you're not going to get very far. Look for commercial modules (Try searching Google for bluetooth data acquisition) or find someone that could manufacture a module which does what you want. Even with a modest budget it shouldn't be too difficult to put something together assuming you could find someone to do the work cheaply.

Last edited:
I have done bluetooth data transmission. I used a module from A7 Engineering. Its really easy to do it if you know the basic microcontroller programming. Be sure to learn the bluetooth basics before you attempt to do any project cos the concepts in bluetooth can be a bit complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…