Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boost circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you need to mention the load current. However ON semi's AN920 deals with many such converters adopting MC34063A. That is really a good chip. One such power supply design can be found on elektor UK magazine and / or EPE magazine of UK as an application for laptop power supply from 12V DC input.

Last edited:
hi,
thanks for reply......
i am trying to build my owm circuit ......
but i am confused.....

i am trying to build circuit using inductor(52uH), diode(1N5408), mosfet(IRFZ44N) & a capacitor of 4.7uF...... normal Boost circuit.......
feeding signal from atmega controller of 20KHz,50% duty cycle of 12V

What are you confused about?

Those parts sound like what you might use to make a working boost converter, but of course it all depends on how they're connected, doesn't it?

Have you looked at the Atmega datasheets or application notes?

Got a schematic you can post?

Last edited:
What are you confused about?

Those parts sound like what you might use to make a working boost converter, but of course it all depends on how they're connected, doesn't it?

Have you looked at the Atmega datasheets or application notes?

Got a schematic you can post?

actually i am directly from driver circuit feeding pulse to mentioned mosfet gate ....... if i try to do so ciruit is getting shorted......

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    231.7 KB · Views: 150
@pushpa,
calculate the impedance offered by the 52uH, (unsaturated) at 20KHz. i fear you have to either increase frequency or the inductance. lower inductance would be like short circuit during the ON period of the pulse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back