Boost circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you need to mention the load current. However ON semi's AN920 deals with many such converters adopting MC34063A. That is really a good chip. One such power supply design can be found on elektor UK magazine and / or EPE magazine of UK as an application for laptop power supply from 12V DC input.

Last edited:
hi,
thanks for reply......
i am trying to build my owm circuit ......
but i am confused.....

i am trying to build circuit using inductor(52uH), diode(1N5408), mosfet(IRFZ44N) & a capacitor of 4.7uF...... normal Boost circuit.......
feeding signal from atmega controller of 20KHz,50% duty cycle of 12V

What are you confused about?

Those parts sound like what you might use to make a working boost converter, but of course it all depends on how they're connected, doesn't it?

Have you looked at the Atmega datasheets or application notes?

Got a schematic you can post?

Last edited:

actually i am directly from driver circuit feeding pulse to mentioned mosfet gate ....... if i try to do so ciruit is getting shorted......

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    231.7 KB · Views: 150
@pushpa,
calculate the impedance offered by the 52uH, (unsaturated) at 20KHz. i fear you have to either increase frequency or the inductance. lower inductance would be like short circuit during the ON period of the pulse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…