buck converter output

Status
Not open for further replies.
You tell us. We have no idea what the circuit looks like, what it input and output voltage and current levels are supposed to be, or what signals the oscilloscope photos you have posted represent. So how can we tell you if it is correct?

The output cap 1uF is very small. It is hard to know what you ripple voltage is. You might be using 1:1 or 10:1 or 100:1 probes. With a 1uF cap you ripple will be high. If you look at any supply you will see 100uF or more.

Looks like a good start!

yeah, it is small. but i'm avoiding the use of electrolytic caps. but i did try it out anyway and the ripple became less
i have polyester 22uF though. so expensive :S
the probe is a 1:1 i think. the one in the blue channel is crazy so i didn't use it. lol.

You still haven't told us where in the circuit you measured the signals you posted.

What is drawn in the top part of the circuit is the classic buck convertor. However I believe you are deriving the feedback signal from the wrong point. Try moving it to the other side of the coil on the load side so it can monitor the smoothed DC and not the chopped signal which I imagine will throw the feedback circuit all over the place.

You still haven't told us where in the circuit you measured the signals you posted.
View attachment 61839 this is at the R load.
View attachment 61840 this is at the output of the optocoupler HCPL-3140 before entering the gate of IGBT.

what if i add another inductor (about 500mH) to the load side instead of moving the 1mH?

I use SMT ceramic 10uF capacitors. Parallel 4 capacitors.
hey, thanks! i will be sure to try paralleling 2 or more caps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…