Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building an amp that reacts with my sound system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PleaForPeacce

I just started a 2 year electronics class at my school and I wanted to do a few projects at home. My first one is going to be a light system that reacts with my music. When the frequency of my music gets higher, the lamp gets brighter. I was wondering if this would be possible without having much damage to the lamp and if you had any useful good schematics I can use. I plan on doing this with a breadboard. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new and thanks in advance.

I've just built something like this. Someone told me that a "light organ" is what i should research, and i'm going to make one later on. They're more complex than what i've made. Now, mine doesn't brighten on higher frequencies, it's the opposite (because of the basic design of the circuit) where the low tones (especially drum kicks) will pulse the light. This uses an LED and 5v DC but, depending on the specs of your transistor, it can be modified without harming your audio source. I've considered hooking it up to my car's 12v and pulsing the parking lights, but that might be a little much for such a little transistor.

This works very well for me, but it might be because i push the audio output to the point of "clipping"

Here's the basic circuit:
**broken link removed**

It can easily be doubled to handle both channels of a stereo input.

I am just a beginner in electronics, so there will probably be better schematics and advice from other people.

Last edited:
Also Google "color organ"

Ken

PleaForPeacce said:
I just started a 2 year electronics class at my school and I wanted to do a few projects at home. My first one is going to be a light system that reacts with my music. When the frequency of my music gets higher, the lamp gets brighter. I was wondering if this would be possible without having much damage to the lamp and if you had any useful good schematics I can use. I plan on doing this with a breadboard. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new and thanks in advance.

Possibly check out my color organs.
Although there a Bit more than what your asking for.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back