Building an Inductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pre_Shan

Requirement - To construct a 680uH inductor by winding and measurement.

I know this has been asked before. But the solutions have been rather general. I tried building an oscillator around the trial inductor, but did not succeed.

I'm going to use this inductor in the Pickit 2 circuit. I donot know any other details of the application, like operating frequency etc.

Help me with a circuit to measure the inductor.

Thanks.
PS.

The PICkit2 inductor does not have to be exactly 680uH it will adjust for quite a wide range of inductors. 470uH thru 840uH work fine.

Thanks. I'm actually building your PK2 Lite

At my place the max moulded inductor i can get is 47uH. So i have to wind my own.

So I can jus try winding different no. of turns and use it in the PK2 and see if it works (without measuring it prior)? Will I do any harm to my USB in the process?

HI,
I also faced the same problem and here is how I overcame it, I build a superprobe around a pic16f870 which gives me the inductance of a coil form the range of .1 to 999.9mH so i took some transformer wire and wound it around on a pen till i got around .6 on the meter, didnt think it wud wrk but it did and I am quite happy about it...
mail me at josey.mathew@gmail and i will send u a photo of the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…