building up the basics for electronic skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

piyush_maverick

i`m a second year engineering student pursuing electronics and communication. now that i`m in my second year but i havent got any significant practical knowedge as such,consequently i feel that i`m growing into a paper engineer.thus i`d like to know how exactly to take up electronics project.thus if somebody could give me some guidance as to how to start right from the basics i`ll really be obliged.i wish to make a FM transmitter by the end of jan 2006,so if u could kindly help...

Nice to here that you want to be a good engineer. here are few suggestions

1. Searh internet for small small projects and build them yourself.
2. Don't hurry up and don't try too build something to big at start. Just by blinking an LED with astable multiviabrator you can learn lot of things.
3. For FM transmitter use google i know there are many circuits available.

Piyush, Since you are still in the second year of engineering I advice you to wait until you grasp basic subjects like Electronic Devices and Circuits, Linear Integrated Circuits and Network theory. Only after that I would recommend you to venture out on your own. In fact while attending practicles in your college ask many questions to get all your doubts cleared. How can you build an FM transmitter when you have not studied its basic oscillator ckt or the basics of FM. Building a project from redily available is a simple thing but understanding the actual working is another

I agree, an FM transmitter isn't a very good project for you. Sure, you can find circuits to build one easily, but without any classes in signals or analog electronics (amplifiers and filters, etc) you aren't going to really understand how it works, so it's not going to be very valuable to you. For me, those classes didn't come until the 3rd year. you're much better with a project that consists of concepts you already know or are currently learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…