Can you identify this part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emcourtney

I have a Philips PM3266 with a fairly obvious fault in it's focus circuit; there is a burnt spot on the board where component V2078 ought to be. (see the attached PDF file) The part call-out tells me this was a V103R2 made by SL and the schematic diagram draws a very nice schematic representation of the part too.

The problem is I don't recognize the schematic symbol and I haven't had any luck referencing the nearly 30 year old part number either. Can anyone identify this mystery component? Better yet, can anyone suggest a suitable replacement?

Thanks for your time,
Evan

Attachments

• unit7.pdf
    575 KB · Views: 290
Thanks

Wow, I'm impressed with the knowledge floating around here. It seems the closest I can get, that are still available, is a 0C3/VR105

Thank you everyone for the help.
Evan

Is there any more of the schematic that would give you a hint as to the voltage drop across the tube, and what type of base the tube has? Still Available:

0A2 150v 7-pin miniature base
0B2 105v 7-pin miniature base
0C3 105v octal base
0A3 75v octal base
0D3 150v octal base

Ken

Last edited:
There is only what I've posted. There is no socket on the board, however, so the component must have been surface mounted. I don't have a digital camera on-hand so I can't really provide more.

Sorry,
Evan

Hi Evan,

Is there enough room on the board for a "large" neon tube ?
Dimensions of the glass (of the ZZ1050) are 29 x 6 mm.
There are several possible candidates but there is only one in the
1972 Philips pocketbook that fits this description:the ZZ1000.
But there are also several lookalikes:

https://www.qsl.net/dl7avf/roehren/stabis.html

on1aag.

Attachments

• TFK ZZ1050.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 225
  • PH ZZ1000.zip
    66.1 KB · Views: 172
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…