Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CB radio Jammer counter measure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I'll see if I can track down the Jammer and if succesful i'll notify any 'Hams' in my area and they can deal with him/her.

Mercur - take a look at amateur radio publications - RDF - Radio Direction Finding. Nothing wrong with what's been suggested here but you might find alternatives. There's quite a group of hams who do fox hunts (something else to "google" )- basically a contest to find a transmitter. You might even find someone with expertise in this area within the ham community who would join your group.

stevez; That's what I have done using the information given to me here as a basis for my research, it has been helpful.
On the suject of locating someone within the ham community I have simply placed a small flyer on the community notice board.

stevez; That's what I have done using the information given to me here as a basis for my research, it has been helpful.
On the suject of locating someone within the ham community I have simply placed a small flyer on the community notice board.

hi,
Instead of yagi aerial, you could try a simple loop aerial, using the dimensions given above.

Get a length of aerial coax cable, bare the inner conductor, cut away the outer insulation on the coax about 31.5cms from the bared end.

Form a loop with the 31.5cms length and solder the bared innner end to the bared outer, so forming a loop.

Its crude but it does work.
Note: without a reflector the direction of the jammer could be either way relative to the loop.!

Eericgibbs; I am considering making both and testing which suits my purpose better although the greater the accuracy in terms of direction finding the better.

Eericgibbs; I am considering making both and testing which suits my purpose better although the greater the accuracy in terms of direction finding the better.

hi,
I would agree regarding the directivity of a yagi is far better than the loop.

You could 'butcher' a larger old UHF TV aerial to make the smaller Yagi.

Lets know how it goes, when you find the guy, you can borrow my base ball bat.!:rolleyes:

hi,
I would agree regarding the directivity of a yagi is far better than the loop.

You could 'butcher' a larger old UHF TV aerial to make the smaller Yagi.

Lets know how it goes, when you find the guy, you can borrow my base ball bat.!:rolleyes:

ercicgibbs; Good suggestion junkyard will probably have an old aerial.
About your bat, don't waste it on the likes of them; boiling vinegar in the eyes with Hexatatramthelyne and Conc Nitric acid under their house would be punishment enough ?:mad::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back