CB radio Jammer counter measure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I'll see if I can track down the Jammer and if succesful i'll notify any 'Hams' in my area and they can deal with him/her.

Mercur - take a look at amateur radio publications - RDF - Radio Direction Finding. Nothing wrong with what's been suggested here but you might find alternatives. There's quite a group of hams who do fox hunts (something else to "google" )- basically a contest to find a transmitter. You might even find someone with expertise in this area within the ham community who would join your group.

stevez; That's what I have done using the information given to me here as a basis for my research, it has been helpful.
On the suject of locating someone within the ham community I have simply placed a small flyer on the community notice board.

stevez; That's what I have done using the information given to me here as a basis for my research, it has been helpful.
On the suject of locating someone within the ham community I have simply placed a small flyer on the community notice board.

hi,
Instead of yagi aerial, you could try a simple loop aerial, using the dimensions given above.

Get a length of aerial coax cable, bare the inner conductor, cut away the outer insulation on the coax about 31.5cms from the bared end.

Form a loop with the 31.5cms length and solder the bared innner end to the bared outer, so forming a loop.

Its crude but it does work.
Note: without a reflector the direction of the jammer could be either way relative to the loop.!

Eericgibbs; I am considering making both and testing which suits my purpose better although the greater the accuracy in terms of direction finding the better.

Eericgibbs; I am considering making both and testing which suits my purpose better although the greater the accuracy in terms of direction finding the better.

hi,
I would agree regarding the directivity of a yagi is far better than the loop.

You could 'butcher' a larger old UHF TV aerial to make the smaller Yagi.

Lets know how it goes, when you find the guy, you can borrow my base ball bat.!

hi,
I would agree regarding the directivity of a yagi is far better than the loop.

You could 'butcher' a larger old UHF TV aerial to make the smaller Yagi.

Lets know how it goes, when you find the guy, you can borrow my base ball bat.!

ercicgibbs; Good suggestion junkyard will probably have an old aerial.
About your bat, don't waste it on the likes of them; boiling vinegar in the eyes with Hexatatramthelyne and Conc Nitric acid under their house would be punishment enough ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…