Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy answer for CD4059A direct from Texas Instruments Support

("From: support@ti.com

Tie pin 24,10,13 and 14 to power. 15V

tie pin 1 to clock 20Khz

the output will come out on pin 23. 20Hz

Tie all other pins to gnd.

The input clock signal must swing lower than 4.5V and higher than 10.5V in order for the part to see it.")

Are you- by chance- working on a hydrogen generator circuit? Just curious because the requirements you described are for the same circuit i'm working on and came to a screeching halt on.

CD4059A setup

Hi everyone,

I found this on the internet on how to program CD4059A for N = 1000

I have enclosed the GIF picture.

Enjoy,

Johnny

Attachments

• Hydrostar-4059.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,068
They have not made a CD4059a for about 38 years. Then they started making the improved CD4059B.

Since you don't say which planet you live on then we can't tell you where to buy one.

I am in Canada and I order electronic parts online from Digikey and Newark. If I order before 8:00PM then it is delivered to me the next morning.

There are a few electronic parts stores near me that have most CD4xxx ICs.

My input clock reads 8.8v from pin 3 of NTE955M. What do I have to do to get it to swing?

CD4059 pin 1 input

Hi,

The instructions say about pin 1 on CD4059 - tie pin 1 to clock 20Khz.

On the hydrostar circuit where would I connect the cd4059 pin 1 that would supply 20Khz?

Any info on this circuit would be gratefully received as is seems to me to be a piece of S...

The LM741 does not work. I have replaced it with a simple dc voltage reducer. Not hooked up the power yet because of the problem of not knowing where to connect the CD4059. Maybe the whole thing will go up in smoke!!!

Anyway, connecting up the CD4059 is my last step before switching on.

Thanks for any help.

ogkyusa

hey Buddy,
i m trying to construct the same circuit,
i gt basic knowledge in electronics.
i m seriously getting mad with the circuits,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…